Vistas de página en total

viernes, 16 de noviembre de 2012

USED CARS


* Old cars, I remember my dad had a he never spent more than 500 dollars on an automobile and so we’d get these things and they’d run for little while and a bumper’d fall off. I remember he’d see a cop and he’d shut off the engine, (?) goes by and then the reverse would always go out on it, me and him would be pushing it backwards out of all the parking spots so if you ever been in the middle of a street at 5.30 pushing your car out of the way of all those other cars feeling like the biggest jerk in the world, this is a song for you
(01-07-1984, St.Paul, MN)


USED CARS

My little sister's in the front seat
With an ice cream cone
My ma's in the backseat sittin' all alone
As my pa steers her slow out of the lot
For a test drive down Michigan Avenue

Now, my ma, she fingers her wedding band
And watches the salesman stare
At my old man's hands
He's tellin' us all 'bout the break
He’d give us if he could, but he just can't
Well if I could, I swear I know just what I'd do

Now, mister, the day the lottery I win
I ain't ever gonna ride in no used car again

Now, the neighbors come from near and far
As we pull up in our brand new used car
I wish he'd just hit the gas
And let out a cry
And tell 'em all they can kiss our asses goodbye

My dad, he sweats the same job
From mornin' to morn
Me, I walk home
On the same dirty streets where I was born
Up the block I can hear my little sister
In the front seat blowin' that horn
The sounds echoin' all down Michigan Avenue

Now, mister, the day my numbers comes in
I ain't ever gonna ride in no used car again


* Coches viejos, recuerdo que mi padre nunca se gastó más de 500 dólares en un automóvil y por eso nos pasaban esas cosas y funcionaban un tiempo hasta que el parachoques se caía. Recuerdo que al ver un policía, paraba el motor, esperando que pasara, y además, la marcha atrás tampoco funcionaba, y los dos empujábamos hacia atrás en todos los aparcamientos, así que si alguna vez habéis estado en mitad de la calle a las 5.30 empujando el coche fuera del camino de todos los demás, y os sentías el mayor estúpido del mundo, esta canción es para vosotros  (01-07-1984, St.Paul, MN)


COCHES USADOS

Mi hermana pequeña va delante
Con un cono de helado
Mi madre en el asiento de atrás, ella sola
Mi padre conduce despacio fuera del recinto
Para probar un coche por Michigan Avenue

Ahora, mi madre se acaricia el anillo de boda
Y observa al vendedor mirando
Las manos de mi viejo
Dice algo sobre la oportunidad
Que nos daría si pudiera, pero no puede
Bueno, si yo pudiera te juro que sé lo que haría

Mire, señor, el día que yo gane la lotería
No voy a conducir un coche usado nunca más

Nuestros vecinos siempre vienen de aquí y de allá
Y nosotros, en el nuevo flamante coche usado
Deseo que pisara el acelerador
Y se oyera un rugido
Y decirles a todos que nos besaran  el culo y adiós

Mi padre suda el mismo trabajo
De mañana a tarde
Yo regreso a casa
Por las mismas calles sucias donde me crié
Desde el piso oigo a mi hermana pequeña
En el asiento delantero tocando el claxon
Que pita y resuena por toda Michigan Avenue

Mire, señor, el día que salgan mis números
No voy a conducir un coche usado nunca más



Original


                                          

2005


                                          

1985 - Con Danny Federici al acordeón

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario