Vistas de página en total

jueves, 29 de noviembre de 2012

ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT)


* Hold on. This next song is very controversial, 'cause nobody knows where this song actually happened and it was sort of a legend passed down from age to age and some folks said that originally, this song happened in Italy. Right, that's what my mother says, she's Italian, she told me this song happened in Italy. But some other folks said to the contrary this song happened in Paris. Now some folks said, "No, man, that didn't happen in Paris! That happened in Jersey City, that's where that happened!" So you can see, it's very difficult to trace the origins of this traditional number. But actually, it was...

In a little café
On the other side of the border
She was sitting there giving me food
To make my mouth water
Rosie!

(02-10-1975, Milwaukee)


ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT)

Spread out now, Rosie, doctor come cut loose her mama's reins
You know playin' blind man's bluff is a little baby's game
You pick up Little Dynamite, I'm gonna pick up Little Gun
And together we're gonna go out tonight and make that highway run
You don't have to call me lieutenant, Rosie
And I don't want to be your son
The only lover I'm ever gonna need's your soft sweet little girl's tongue
Ah, Rosie, you're the one

Dynamite's in the belfry, baby
playin' with the bats
Little Gun's downtown in front of Woolworth's
Tryin' out his attitude on all the cats
Papa's on the corner, waitin' for the bus
Mama, she's home in the window, waitin' up for us
She'll be there in that chair when they wrestle her upstairs, 'cause you know we ain't gonna come
Ah, I ain't here on business, baby
I'm only here for fun
And Rosie, you're the one

Rosalita, jump a little lighter
Senorita, come sit by my fire
I just want to be your lover, ain't no liar
Rosalita, you're my stone desire

Jack the Rabbit and Weak Knees Willie
Don't you know they're gonna be there
Ah, Sloppy Sue and Big Bones Billy
They'll be comin' up for air
We're gonna play some pool, skip some school, act real cool, stay out all night, it's gonna feel all right
So Rosie, come out tonight
Oh, baby, come out tonight
Windows are for cheaters
Chimneys for the poor
Oh, closets are for hangers
Winners use the door
So use it Rosie, that's what it's there for

And Rosalita, jump a little lighter
Senorita, come sit by my fire
I just want to be your lover, ain't no liar
Rosalita, you're my stone desire

Now, I know your mama, she don't like me
'cause I play in a rock and roll band
And I know your daddy, he don't dig me
But he never did understand
Your papa lowered the boom
He locked you in your room
I'm coming to lend a hand
I'm coming to liberate you, confiscate you
I want to be your man
Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny
But now you're sad, your mama's mad

And your papa says he knows that I don't have any money
Whoa, your papa says he knows that I don't have any money
Whoa, so your daddy says he knows I don't have any money

Well, tell him this is his last chance
To get his daughter in a fine romance
Because the record company, Rosie
Just gave me a big advance

And my tires were slashed and I almost crashed
But the Lord had mercy
And my machine, she's a dud, out stuck in the mud Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Well, hold on tight, stay up all night
'cause Rosie, I'm comin' on strong
By the time we meet the morning light
I will hold you in my arms

I know a pretty little place in Southern California
Down San Diego way
There's a little café
Where they play guitars all night and all day
You can hear 'em in the back room strummin'
So hold tight, baby
'cause don't you know daddy's comin'
Oh, everybody, so!

Rosalita, jump a little lighter
Senorita, come sit by my fire
I just want to be your love, ain't no lie
Rosalita, you're my stone desire


* Esperad. La próxima es muy controvertida, porque nadie sabe donde ocurrió en realidad esta canción y ha habido una especie de leyenda pasando de generación en generación; y algunos dicen que originalmente, ocurrió en Italia. Es cierto, es lo que decía mi madre, que es italiana; decía que había ocurrido en Italia. Pero otros decían, por el contrario, que esta canción ocurría en París. Y otros dicen: “¡No, tío, esto no ocurrió en París! Ocurrió en Jersey City. ¡Allí es donde ocurrió!” Así que, como podéis ver, es muy difícil trazar los orígenes de esta pieza tradicional. Pero, de hecho, fue…

En un pequeño café
Al otro lado de la frontera
Ella estaba allí, sirviéndome comida
Haciéndome la boca agua
¡Rosie!

(02-10-1975, Milwaukee)


ROSALITA (SAL ESTA NOCHE)

Prepárate Rosie, el doctor se acerca para soltar las riendas a su chica
Ya sabes, jugar al farol del ciego es un juego de niños
Tú recoge a Little Dynamite, yo recogeré a Little Gun
Y saldremos juntos esta noche para correr por la autopista
No tienes que llamarme teniente, Rosie
Y yo no quiero ser tu hijo
La única amante que voy a necesitar es tu suave y dulce lengua de niña
Ah, Rosie, eres única

Dynamite está en el campanario
Jugando con los murciélagos
Little Gun está en el centro, enfrente del Woolworth
Probando su puntería con todos los gatos
Papá está en la esquina, esperando el autobús
Mamá está en casa, esperándonos en la ventana
Estará en aquella silla luchando para que subas las escaleras pero ya sabes que no regresaremos
No estoy aquí por negocios
Sólo estoy aquí por diversión
Y Rosie, eres única

Rosalita, salta un poco más ligera
Señorita, siéntate junto a mi fuego
Sólo quiero ser tu amante, no te miento
Rosalita, eres la joya que deseo

Jack The Rabbit y Weak Knee Willie
¿No sabes que van a estar allí?
Sloppy Sue y Big Bones Billie
También comparecerán
Jugaremos al billar, dejaremos las clases, será perfecto,
toda la noche fuera, lo pasaremos bien
Así que, Rosie, sal esta noche
Cariño, sal esta noche
Las ventanas son para los tramposos
Las chimeneas, para los pobres
Los lavabos son para los colgados
Los triunfadores usan la puerta
Así que úsala Rosie, que para eso está ahí

Rosalita, salta un poco más ligera
Señorita, siéntate junto a mi fuego
Sólo quiero ser tu amante, no te miento
Rosalita, eres la joya que deseo

Ya sé que no le gusto a tu mamá
Porque toco en una banda de rock and roll
Y sé que tu padre no me traga
Pero él nunca lo entendió
Papá acabó la discusión
Te encerró en tu habitación
Vengo a echarte una mano
Vengo a liberarte, a confiscarte
Quiero ser tu hombre
Algún día recordaremos todo esto y nos parecerá divertido
Pero ahora estás triste, tu madre, histérica

Y tu padre dice que sabe que no tengo dinero

Vaya, tu padre dice que sabe que no tengo dinero

Así que tu padre dice que sabe que no tengo dinero


Dile que es la última oportunidad
Para que su hija consiga una buena aventura
Porque la compañía de discos, Rosie
Acaba de darme un buen adelanto

Rajaron mis neumáticos y casi me estrello
Pero el Señor tuvo piedad
Mi coche está inservible, clavado en el barro
En algún lugar en los pantanos de Jersey
Aguanta y quédate despierta toda la noche
Porque, Rosie, llegaré con fuerzas
Y a la hora que veamos la luz del amanecer
Te tendré entre mis brazos

Conozco un pequeño y bonito lugar al sur de California
En dirección a San Diego
Hay un pequeño café
Donde tocan guitarras durante día y noche
Las puedes oír en el cuarto trasero rasgando
Así que aguanta, pequeña
Porque tu chico está llegando
¡Todo el mundo!

Rosalita, salta un poco más ligera
Señorita, siéntate junto a mi fuego
Sólo quiero ser tu amante, no te miento
Rosalita, eres la joya que deseo



1975




1978




1984




2009




Versión acústica - Asbury Park - 1996


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario