Vistas de página en total

domingo, 18 de noviembre de 2012

THE PROMISE


* Ok, gonna try something I haven’t done in a long time.....play the piano.... alright, I need some quiet for this thing ´cause I haven’t played this song in a long time.... this is a song I wrote as a kind of a follow-up to ´Thunder Road´, wrote it a long time ago and....this is for the connoisseurs out there, I guess....I’ll give it a shot, I need a little bit of quiet..... (23-10-1999, Los Angeles, CA)

THE PROMISE

Johnny works in a factory
Billy works downtown
Terry works in a rock and roll band
Lookin' for that million-dollar sound

I got a job down in Darlington
But some nights I don't go
Some nights I go to the drive-in
Or some nights I stay home

I followed that dream
Just like those guys do up on the screen
And I drove a Challenger down Route 9
Through the dead ends and all the bad scenes

And when the promise was broken
I cashed in a few of my dream

Well now I built that Challenger by myself
But I needed money and so I sold it
I lived a secret I should'a kept to myself
But I got drunk one night and I told it

All my life I fought this fight
The fight that no man can never win
Every day it just gets harder to live
This dream I'm believing in

Thunder Road, oh baby you were so right
Thunder Road there's something dyin'
On the highway tonight

I won big once and I hit the coast
But I paid the cost
Inside I felt like I was carryin' the broken spirits
Of all the other ones who lost

When the promise is broken
You go on living
But it steals something from down in your soul
Like when the truth is spoken
And it don't make no difference
Something in your heart goes cold

I followed that dream
Through the southwestern flats
That dead ends in two-bit bars
And when the promise was broken
I was far away from home
Sleepin' in the back seat of a borrowed car

Thunder Road, for the lost lovers
And all the fixed games
Thunder Road, for the tires rushing by in the rain
Thunder Road, Billy and me we'd always say
Thunder Road, we were gonna take it all
And throw it all away



* Bien, voy a probar algo que no he hecho en mucho tiempo.....tocar el piano.... muy bien, necesito silencio para esto porque no he tocado esta canción en mucho tiempo.... es una canción que escribí como una especie de continuación a ´Thunder Road´, la escribí hace mucho y....es para los entendidos de ahí fuera, supongo....le daré una oportunidad, necesito algo de silencio..... (23-10-1999, Los Ángeles, CA)

LA PROMESA

Johnny trabaja en una fábrica
Billy trabaja en el centro
Terry trabaja en una banda de rock’n’roll
Buscando aquel sonido del millón de dólares

Yo tengo un empleo en Darlington
Pero algunas noches no voy
Algunas noches voy al autocine
Y algunas, me quedo en casa

Perseguí aquel sueño
Como hacían esos tipos en la pantalla
Y dirigí un Challenger por la Route 9
Atravesando calles sin salida y escenas malditas

Y cuando se rompió la promesa
Malvendí alguno de mis sueños

Construí aquel Challenger con mis manos
Pero necesitaba dinero y lo entregué
Viví un secreto que debí haberme guardado
Pero me emborraché una noche y lo conté

Toda mi vida batallé esta lucha
Una lucha que nadie jamás podrá ganar
Cada día se hace mas duro vivir
Este sueño en el que creo

Thunder road, oh cariño, tenías tanta razón
Thunder road hay algo agonizando
En la autopista esta noche

Gané mucho una vez y me fui a la costa
Pero pagué un precio
Por dentro sentía que cargaba con los espíritus rotos
De todos los otros que perdieron

Cuando se rompe la promesa
Sigues viviendo
Pero te roba algo en lo profundo de tu alma
Como si se revela la verdad
Y no tiene ninguna influencia
Y algo se congela en tu corazón

Perseguí aquel sueño
Atravesando los llanos del sudoeste
Sucios tugurios en calles sin salida
Y cuando se rompió la promesa
Ya estaba muy lejos de casa
Durmiendo en el asiento de un coche prestado

Thunder road por los amantes perdidos
Y todos los juegos amañados
Thunder road, por las ruedas acelerando en la lluvia
Thunder road, Billy y yo siempre decíamos
Thunder road, que íbamos a cogerlo todo
Y arrojarlo muy lejos de aquí



Versión con banda




Versión al piano

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario