Vistas de página en total

martes, 13 de noviembre de 2012

STOLEN CAR (tracks version)

STOLEN CAR (Tracks version)

Well I found me a little girl and I settled down
In a pretty little house in a pretty little town
We got married and promised never to part
Then little by little we drifted from each other's hearts
Now I'm drivin' a stolen car on a pitch-black night
And I'm doin' my best to make it through
Well I'm just sittin' down here at the Stanton light
I wanna get caught but I never do


At first I thought it was just restlessness
That would fade as time went by and our love grew deep
But in the end it was something more, I guess
That tore us apart and made us weep
And I'm drivin' a stolen car waitin' on that little red light
I keep tellin' myself everything's gonna be alright
But I ride by night and I travel in fear
That in this darkness I might just disappear

She asked if I remembered the letters I wrote
When our love was young and we were bold
She said last night she read those letters
And they made her feel a hundred years old

There's a river that runs by that little town
Down into the sea
It was there in the shade I laid my body down
As she flowed on so effortlessly
Now there's a party tonight out at County Line
There'll be dancing down at Seven Trees
From these banks I can see those party lights shine
Maybe she's there, maybe she's looking for me

Last night I dreamed I made the call
I swore to return and stay forevermore
Once again we stood
On the wedding steps at Victory Hall
And walked arm in arm through the chapel door
I can remember how good I felt inside
When the preacher said "Son, you may kiss the bride"
But as I leaned over to touch her pretty lips
I felt it all slip away through my fingertips
And I'm driving a stolen car through a pitch-black night
I keep tellin' myself everything's gonna be alright
But I ride by night and I travel in fear
No matter what I do or where I drive
Nobody ever sees me when I ride by


COCHE ROBADO (versión Tracks)

Conocí a una chica y me establecí con ella
En una bonita casa, en una bonita ciudad
Nos casamos y juramos nunca separarnos
Y poco a poco pusimos distancia en nuestros corazones
Conduzco un coche robado una negra noche tenebrosa
Y trato de esforzarme para seguir adelante
Estoy aquí sentado ante el semáforo de Stanton
Espero ser atrapado pero nunca lo consigo

Al principio pensé que era sólo inquietud
Que desaparecería con el tiempo y al profundizar el amor
Al final resultó ser algo más, supongo
Que nos desgarró y nos hizo llorar
Y conduzco un coche robado ante ese semáforo en rojo
Y trato de convencerme de que todo saldrá bien
Pero conduzco de noche y viajo temiendo
Que en estas tinieblas desapareceré

Me preguntó si recordaba las cartas que escribí
Cuando el amor era joven y nos atrevíamos
Dijo que anoche leyó aquellas cartas
Y que la hicieron sentir de cien años de edad

Hay un río que corre por esa pequeña ciudad
Bajando hacia el mar
Fue allí, a la sombra, donde me eché a descansar
Mientras fluía sin ningún esfuerzo
Hay una fiesta esta noche en la County Line
Estarán bailando en el Seven Trees
Desde esta orilla puedo ver las luces de esa fiesta brillar
Quizá esté allí, quizá esté buscándome a mí

La otra noche soñé que la llamaba
Juraba volver y quedarme para siempre
De nuevo seguíamos
Nuestros pasos nupciales en Victory Hall
Y entrábamos cogidos del brazo hasta la capilla
Recuerdo lo bien que me sentí en mi interior
Cuando el cura dijo: “Hijo, puedes besar a la novia”
Pero al inclinarme hacia sus preciosos labios
Sentí que todo se desvanecía entre mis dedos
Y conduzco un coche robado una negra noche tenebrosa
Y trato de convencerme de que todo saldrá bien
Pero conduzco de noche y viajo temiendo
No importa lo que haga o donde vaya
Nunca nadie se fija en mí al pasar


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario