Vistas de página en total

martes, 13 de noviembre de 2012

I'M GOING DOWN

* Is there anybody out there with a new boyfriend or a new girlfriend tonight? Anybody out there married? This next song is gonna be for both of you guys, this is, you know how it is when you first meet somebody, you know how for about three or four months you act like the nicest person you’ve ever been in your whole life but that’s not really, you have, like, on, it’s like, your love-face, you know, every time you see ´em ´Oh, honey, how you doing?´ and everything is great and whatever they wanna do is fine and making love all the time, two or three times a day ’Oh, honey, I’m sorry, I just can’t help myself´ You go over to visit like their parents or something and you’re fooling around under the table, you never wanna go out or anything, like all your friends call you and they go ´Hey, what are you doing Friday?´ ´Well, I’m kind of busy Friday´ ´Well, what about Saturday?´ ´Well, I’m kind of busy on Saturday, you see, I got something to do´, you never see them any more, like, if you wanna go to the movies, it’s like ´Oh, honey, what movie do you wanna see?´ ´Oh, sugar, I don’t care, anything you wanna see´´We can stay right here at home tonight just as long as I’m with you´Oh yeah, how sweet it is, right? But then you come back about a year later....now, I’m not speaking from personal experience here but you come back about a year later and it’s like ´Are we going out tonight or do I have to sit around here and look at your face all night long?´And then if you’re going out, it’s like ´You gonna wear that? Don’t wear that! Are you gonna go out with that on?´But, anyway, in the end, why is that? I don’t know, I don’t know....anyway, this is for anybody out there who’s in love tonight! (29-09-1985, Los Angeles, CA)



I'M GOING DOWN

We sit in the car outside your house
I can feel the heat coming 'round
I go to put my arm around you
And you give me a look
Like I'm way out of bounds

Well you let out one of your bored sighs
Well lately when I look into your eyes

I'm goin down, down, down

We get dressed up and we go
Out, baby, for the night
We come home early burning
Burning in some fire fight

I'm sick and tired of you setting me up
Setting me up just to knock-a
Knock-a knock-a me down

I pull you close
But when we kiss I can feel a doubt
I remember back when we started
My kisses used to turn you inside out

I used to drive you to work in the morning
Friday night I'd drive you all around
You used to love to drive me wild
But lately girl you get your kicks
From just driving me down

I'm goin down, down, down

  

* ¿Hay alguien por aquí con un nuevo novio o una nueva novia esta noche? ¿Alguien recién casado? La próxima canción va a ser para ambos, esto es, sabéis cómo es cuando conoces a alguien por primera vez, sabéis que durante unos tres o cuatro meses actúas como la mejor persona que hayáis visto en toda la vida pero eso no es real, tenéis, como puesta, es como vuestra careta-del-amor, sabéis, cada vez que os veis ‘Oh, cariño, ¿qué tal?’ y todo es magnífico y cualquier cosa que quiera hacer es genial y hacéis el amor todo el rato, dos o tres veces al día, ‘Oh, cariño, lo siento, yo solo no puedo’ Vais a visitar a sus padres o algo así, y hacéis tonterías debajo de la mesa, nunca queréis salir ni nada, como el resto de vuestros amigos, que llaman y dicen ‘Hey, ¿qué vas a hacer el viernes? ‘Bueno, Estoy ocupado el viernes’ ‘Vale, ¿y el sábado?’ ‘Bueno, estoy ocupado el sábado, ya veis, tengo cosas que hacer’ y ya nunca quedáis con ellos para veros, igual que cuando queréis ir al cine, es como ‘Oh, cariño, ¿qué película te apetece ir a ver?’ ‘Oh, cielo, no importa, cualquiera que quieras ver tú’ ‘Si quieres podemos quedarnos aquí en casa esta noche, solos nosotros dos’ Oh, sí, qué dulce es ¿verdad? Pero después, al cabo de un año….ahora, no estoy hablando por experiencia personal aquí, pero un año más tarde o algo así, resulta que es como ‘¿Vas a salir esta noche o tendré que sentarme aquí junto a ti y ver tu cara durante toda la noche?’ Y después, si vais a salir, la cosa es ‘¿Vas a llevar eso? ¡No te pongas eso! ¿Piensas salir con eso puesto?’ Pero, al final, ¿por qué lo hacemos? No lo sé, no lo sé… de cualquier forma, esta es para cualquiera que esté enamorado esta noche!  (29-09-1985, Los Angeles, CA)


ME HUNDO

Nos sentamos en el coche ante tu casa
Siento la pasión que se aproxima
Intento acercar más mi brazo
Y me echas una mirada
Como si fuera zona prohibida

Sueltas uno de tus aburridos suspiros
Últimamente cuando miro en tus ojos

Me hundo, me hundo, me hundo

Nos arreglamos y salimos
Para pasar la noche
Volvemos a casa pronto ardiendo
Ardiendo en una pelea feroz

Estoy cansado y harto de tus trampas
De tus trampas sólo para tumbar
Tumbar, tumbarme a mí

Nos abrazamos
Pero al besarnos percibo una duda
Recuerdo que cuando empezamos
Mis besos solían hacerte enloquecer

Solía acompañarte al trabajo por la mañana
El viernes noche te llevaba a todas partes
Solía encantarte volverme salvaje
Pero últimamente, tus golpes son
Simplemente para hundirme

Me hundo, me hundo, me hundo






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario