Vistas de página en total

jueves, 15 de noviembre de 2012

ROULETTE

ROULETTE

We left the toys out in the yard
I took my wife and kids and left my home unguarded
We packed what we could into the car
No one here knows how it started
Suddenly everything was just so out of control
Now I want some answers, mister, I need to know
I hear all the talk but I don't know what you're sayin'
But I think I got a good idea
Of the game that you're playin'

Roulette, that's the name now
Roulette, that's the game now
Roulette, I don't know what they're sayin'
Roulette, everybody's playin'

I grew up here on this street
Where nothin' moves, just a strange breeze
In a town full of worthless memories
There's a shadow in my backyard
I've got a house full of things that I can't touch
Well all those things won't do me much good now
I was a fireman out at Riker's, I did my job
Mister, I've been cheated, I feel like I've been robbed
I'm the big expendable
My life's just cancelled null and void
Well what you gonna do about your new boy

Roulette, you're playin' with my life
Roulette, with my kids and my wife
Roulette, every day the stakes get bigger
Roulette, a different finger on the trigger

Down by the river that talks
The night speaks in searchlights
And shortwave radios squawk
The police patrol the streets
But I've left behind the man I used to be
Everything he believed and all that belonged to me
I tried to find my way out to somewhere
Where I thought it'd be safe
They stopped me at the roadblock
They put up on the interstate
They put me in detention but
I broke loose and then I ran
They said they want to ask me a few questions
But I think they had other plans
Now I don't know who to trust
And I don't know what I can believe
They say they want to help me
But with the stuff they keep on sayin'
I think those guys just wanna keep on playin'

Roulette, with my life
Roulette, with my kids and my wife
Roulette, the bullet's in the chamber
Roulette, who's the unlucky stranger
Roulette, surprise, you're dead
Roulette, the gun's to your head
Roulette, the bullet's spinning in the chamber
Roulette, pull the trigger, feel the click
No further danger


  
RULETA

Abandonamos los juguetes en el jardín
Cogí a mi mujer e hijos y dejé mi hogar desprotegido
Cargamos lo que pudimos en el coche
Nadie aquí sabe cómo empezó
De repente todo estaba fuera de control
Ahora quiero respuestas, señor, necesito saber
Oigo muchos rumores pero no comprendo qué explicáis
Pero creo que tengo una idea
Del juego al que estáis jugando

Ruleta, ese es el nombre
Ruleta, ese es el juego
Ruleta, no comprendo qué explican
Ruleta, todos están jugando

Me crié aquí, en esta calle
Donde nada se mueve, sólo una extraña brisa
En una ciudad llena de recuerdos inútiles
Hay una sombra en el patio de atrás
Tengo una casa llena de cosas que no puedo tocar
Pues todas esas cosas no me servirán de mucho ahora
Antes era bombero en Riker, hacía mi trabajo
Señor, me han engañado, siento que me han robado
Totalmente prescindible
Mi vida ha sido cancelada, anulada y vacía
Pero, ¿qué vais a hacer con vuestro nuevo niño?

Ruleta, estáis jugando con mi vida
Ruleta, con mis hijos y mi esposa
Ruleta, cada día suben las apuestas
Ruleta, un dedo diferente en el gatillo

Junto al río que murmulla
La noche susurra en reflectores
Y sonidos de radios de onda corta
La policía patrulla las calles
Pero he dejado atrás el hombre que solía ser
Aquello en lo que creía y todo lo que me pertenecía
Intenté encontrar una salida a alguna parte
Donde pensaba estar a salvo
Me detuvieron en una barricada
Que montaron en la interestatal
Me llevaron detenido pero
Logré liberarme y escapar
Dijeron que querían hacerme unas preguntas
Pero creo que tenían otros planes
Ahora no sé en quién confiar
Y no sé qué puedo creer
Dicen que quieren ayudarme
Pero con todo lo que siguen diciendo
Creo que esos tipos sólo quieren seguir jugando

Ruleta, con mi vida
Ruleta, con mis hijos y mi esposa
Ruleta, la bala entra en la recámara
Ruleta, ¿quién será el desafortunado?
Ruleta, sorpresa, estás muerto
Ruleta, la pistola en tu cabeza
Ruleta, la bala está girando en la recámara
Ruleta, aprieta el gatillo, siente el click
Se acabó el peligro




1988

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario