Vistas de página en total

domingo, 11 de noviembre de 2012

PILGRIM IN THE TEMPLE OF LOVE

PILGRIM IN THE TEMPLE OF LOVE

It was Christmas eve, I was standing in the parking lot Of "Fabulous Girls - Nude, Nude, Nude"
In the car next to me there was a young lady
Givin' a blow job to a man in a Santa Claus suit
His beard was crooked, his hat askew embarrassed
I turned to go when from the back seat of the Mazda
I heard somebody shout "oh, baby, don't stop"
And a merry "ho ho ho"

Well I walked inside, I ordered a beer and a double shot of whiskey
And in three minutes I had fallen in love
The DJ announced, "Ladies and gentlemen
From Fort Worth, Texas - lady Godiva"
And I sat and worshipped 'neath the angel above
At the end of her set she brushed her hair
Came and sat on the stool to my right
And said "will you buy me a drink?"
My heart beat fast, my trousers grew tight
And wittily I replied "uhh...."

She showed me a picture of her kid
Said during the day she's an art student
She dances six nights a week for slobs
And idiots like this, of course, present company excluded

CHORUS
On Donner, on Dancer, on Comet, on Blitzen
I'm lost in the valley of the Supervixens
Worshippin' at the feet of the goddess above
I'm a pilgrim in the temple of love
Ma just a pilgrim in the temple of love

Well, then Santa came stumblin' in and
Somebody shouted "hey Santa, where're your elves?"
He sat down on the stool to my left
And the bartender took a vodka bottle off the shelf
He asked if Mrs. Claus had called, to tell her
He worked the late shift at the mall and he was sorry
But he just got through
I turned and I asked him
"How's the kids this year, Santa?"
Beneath his breath he whispered a merry “fuck you"

Well, then the owner came over and he was
A short fat ugly guy with a funny kind of pushed-in face
He shook my hand and said it was the first time
They ever had a superstar in this place
Lady Godiva bought me a few drinks and words came out of my mouth what they were I couldn't guess
But it was something about showgirls, lapdancing
Motley Crew, you can guess the rest

CHORUS

Well, I walked outside, snow was fallin'
I had some toys to put together, it was Christmas time
Santa followed me into the parking lot
And threw up on the hood of the car next to mine
I gave him my handkerchief, pulled out onto the highway And as I sat at the light
I swear I saw a sleigh with a dozen reindeer
Pull out of the parking lot
And cut across to the mall and a voice shouted
"Merry Christmas to all, you assholes
And a good fuckin' night"

CHORUS

PEREGRINO EN EL TEMPLO DEL AMOR

Era Nochebuena, y yo estaba esperando en el parking
Del "Fabulosas Chicas – Desnudas, Desnudas"
En el coche de al lado había una chica joven
Haciéndole un francés a un tipo vestido de Santa Claus
Tenía la barba torcida, y el gorro le caía, avergonzado
Me disponía a partir, cuando desde el asiento del Mazda
Oí a alguien gritando: "¡Oh, cariño, no pares!"
Y un navideño: "¡Ho ho ho!"

Así que entré, pedí una cerveza y un whisky doble
Y en tres minutos ya me había enamorado
El DJ anunció: "Damas y caballeros
Desde Fort Worth, Texas, Lady Godiva"
Y me senté a rendir culto al ángel de allá arriba
Al final de su espectáculo se soltó el pelo
Se acercó y se sentó en un taburete a mi derecha
Y dijo: "¿Me invitas a una copa?"
Mi corazón se aceleró, mi pantalón encogió
Y con ingenio repliqué: "uhh...."

Me mostró una foto de su chico
Dijo que durante el día era estudiante de arte
Bailaba seis días a la semana para estúpidos
E idiotas como esos, excepto, claro, este acompañante

CORO
En Donner, en Dancer, en Comet, en Blitzen
Estoy perdido en el valle de los Supervixens
Rindiendo culto a los pies de las diosas de arriba
Soy un peregrino en el templo del amor
Un simple peregrino en el templo del amor

Después entró Santa tambaleándose
Y alguien gritó: "Oye Santa, ¿Dónde están tus elfos?"
Se sentó en un taburete a mi izquierda
Y el camarero sacó una botella de vodka del estante
Preguntó si la Sra. Claus había llamado, para decirle que
Tenía que hacer el último turno en el centro y lo sentía
Pero que no podía faltar
Me giré y le pregunté
"¿Qué tal los niños este año, Santa?"
Bajo su barba susurró un navideño: "Que te jodan"

Después el dueño se acercó y era  
Un gordo bajo y feo con un curioso rostro aplastado
Me estrechó la mano y dijo que era la primera vez
Que tenía a una superestrella en este sitio
Lady Godiva me invitó a unas copas y las palabras
Salieron de mis labios pero no recuerdo lo que dije
Pero era algo sobre chicas de strip-tease, bailarinas
Motley Crew, imaginaos el resto

CORO

Al final salí de allí, la nieve caía
Tenía que comprar unos juguetes, pues era Navidad
Santa me siguió hasta el aparcamiento
Y levantó el capó del coche que estaba junto al mío
Le regalé mi pañuelo, y salí en dirección a la autopista
Y mientras esperaba al semáforo
Juro que vi un trineo con una docena de renos
Saliendo del aparcamiento
Y dirigiéndose al centro comercial y una voz que gritó
"¡Feliz Navidad a todos, gilipollas
Y una jodida noche feliz!"


Interpretada durante la gira de The Ghost Of Tom Joad


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario