Vistas de página en total

viernes, 16 de noviembre de 2012

MY FATHER'S HOUSE


* I remember when I was a kid, there used to be this woods out back of my house that the church later bought and turned into a parking lot, but when I was about nine years old, I had a friend who lived on the other side and I used to hate....used to be right around this time at night, I used to go home and I used to be so scared of going through those woods in the dark. This friend told me that when it got dark like that, that’s when the devil came out and the only thing  scarier than those woods was my dad (26-07-1984, Toronto, Canada)



MY FATHER'S HOUSE

Last night I dreamed that I was a child
Out where the pines grow wild and tall
I was trying to make it home through the forest
Before the darkness falls

I heard the wind rustling through the trees
And ghostly voices rose from the fields
I ran with my heart pounding
Down that broken path
With the devil snappin' at my heels

I broke through the trees, and there in the night
My father's house stood shining hard and bright
The branches and brambles tore my clothes
And scratched my arms
But I ran till I fell, shaking in his arms

I awoke and I imagined
The hard things that pulled us apart
Will never again, sir
Tear us from each other's hearts
I got dressed, and to that house I did ride
From out on the road
I could see its windows shining in light

I walked up the steps and stood on the porch
A woman I didn't recognize
Came and spoke to me through a chained door
I told her my story, and who I'd come for
She said "I'm sorry, son
But no one by that name lives here anymore"

My father's house shines hard and bright
It stands like a beacon calling me in the night
Calling and calling, so cold and alone
Shining 'cross this dark highway
Where our sins lie unatoned



* Recuerdo cuando era niño, que había un bosque en la parte de atrás de mi casa, que más tarde compró la iglesia para hacer un parking, pero cuando tenía unos nueve años, tenía un amigo que vivía en la otra parte, y yo solía odiar…estar dando vueltas a esas horas de la noche, solía ir a casa y tenía mucho miedo de atravesar ese bosque en la oscuridad. Este amigo me decía que cuando oscurecía de ese modo, entonces aparecía el diablo de Jersey y lo único que me asustaba más que ese bosque, era mi padre (26-07-1984, Toronto, Canada)


LA CASA DE MI PADRE

La pasada noche soñé que era un niño
Donde los pinos crecen altos y salvajes
Trataba de regresar a casa a través del bosque
Antes de que cayera la oscuridad

Oía el viento susurrando a través de los árboles
Y voces fantasmales surgir de los campos
Corrí con el corazón palpitando
Por ese paso accidentado
Con el diablo mordiéndome los talones

Me abrí paso entre los árboles, y allí en la noche
La casa de mi padre esperaba brillando reluciente
Las ramas y las zarzas desgarraban mi ropa
Y arañaban mis brazos
Pero corrí hasta caer, temblando en sus brazos

Me desperté imaginando
Las dificultades que nos separaron
Nunca jamás, señor
Distanciarán nuestros corazones
Me vestí, y hacia aquella casa me dirigí
Desde un lado del camino
Pude ver luces brillando en las ventanas

Subí los escalones y esperé en el porche
Una mujer que no reconocí
Salió y me habló tras una puerta encadenada
Le conté mi historia, y por quién venía
Me dijo "Lo siento, hijo
Pero ya nadie con ese nombre vive aquí"

La casa de mi padre deslumbra reluciente
Espera como un faro guiándome en la noche
Llamando y llamando, fría y solitaria
Brillando en esta oscura autopista
Donde nuestros pecados yacen sin expiar




1984


                                          

1990



                                          

2005


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario