Vistas de página en total

miércoles, 21 de noviembre de 2012

SILVER PALOMINO


* The last ten years I’ve been around horses quite a bit and I suppose to make up for that pony I didn’t get when I was six years old but they’re the kind of animals with a big spirit, for some reason they seem to enjoy working in concert with the likes of us and a good horse really takes care of you...this is a song about a young boy loses his mother and enviews her spirit in this horse that comes out of the mountains at night....this is called ´Silver Palomino´ (10-05-2005, St.Paul, MN)


SILVER PALOMINO

I was barely 13 years old
She came out of the Guadalupe's on a night so cold
Her coat was frosted diamonds
In the sallow moon's glow
My silver palomino

Sixteen hands from her withers to the ground
I lie in bed and listen to the sound
Of the west Texas thunder roll
My silver palomino

I track her into the mountains she loved
Watch her from the rocks above
She'd dip her neck and drink from the winter flows
My silver palomino

Our mustañeros were the very best, sir
But they could never lay a rope on her
No corral will ever hold
The silver palomino

In my dreams bareback I ride
Over the pradera low and wide
As the wind sweeps out the draw
'Cross the scrub desert floor

I'd give my riata and spurs
If I could be forever yours
I'd ride into the serrania where no one goes
For my silver palomino

Summer drought come hard that year
Our herd grazed the land so bare
Me and my dad had to blowtorch
The thorns off the prickly pear
And mother, your hand slipped from my hair

Tonight I wake early the sky is pearl, the stars aglow
I saddle up my red roan
I ride deep into the mountains
Along a ridge of pale stone
Where the air is still with the coming snow

As I rise higher I can smell your hair
The scent of your skin, mother, fills the air
'Midst the harsh scrub pine that grows
I watch the silver palomino


* Los últimos diez años he estado bastante con caballos y supongo que es para compensarme por el pony que no tuve a los seis años, pero son un tipo de animales con un gran espíritu, por alguna razón, parece que les encanta trabajar en sintonía con nosotros y un buen caballo realmente cuida de ti...esta es una canción sobre un niño que pierde a su madre y percibe su espíritu en un caballo que aparece sobre las montañas por la noche....se llama ´Silver Palomino´ (10-05-2005, St.Paul, MN)


PALOMINO PLATEADO

Yo tenía apenas trece años
Salió del vientre de Guadalupe en una noche muy fría
Su crin parecía helados diamantes
Bajo el tenue brillo de la luna
Mi palomino plateado

Dieciséis palmos desde el suelo a la cruz
Me tumbo en la cama y oigo el sonido
De los truenos al oeste de Texas
Mi palomino plateado

Seguía su rastro hasta las montañas que amaba
Lo observaba desde encima de las rocas
Bajaba el cuello y bebía de los arroyos del deshielo
Mi palomino plateado

Nuestros mustañeros eran los mejores
Pero nunca lo atraparon con la cuerda
Ningún corral podrá retener
Al palomino plateado

En mis sueños cabalgo a pelo
Por la amplia pradera baja
Mientras el viento barre el polvo
Sobre el árido suelo del desierto

Daría mi riata y mis espuelas
Si pudiera ser por siempre tuyo
Cabalgaría hacia la serranía donde nadie va
Por mi palomino plateado

La sequía del verano golpeó duro aquel año
Nuestro rebaño dejó la tierra desnuda
Mi padre y yo tuvimos que quemar
Las espinas de las chumberas
Y madre, tu mano desapareció de mi pelo

Despierto temprano al cielo perlino, las estrellas brillan 
Ensillo mi ruano rojo
Cabalgo al interior de las montañas
Sobre una cresta de roca pálida
Donde el aire está en calma por la nieve cercana

Al subir más alto puedo oler tu pelo
El aroma de tu piel, madre, llena el aire
Entre los pequeños pinos que crecen
Observo el palomino plateado






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario